My life and times

Monday, March 27, 2006

Computers for Kids Workday - WOW

On Saturday, I had a Computers for Kids workday in my basement. Here is a little wrapup on what happened. Five volunteers and my self worked for a total of 32.5 hours. We took apart 36 computers, checked in 7 donations, prepped 1.5 computers for placement, tested computer parts, prepped items for sale and sorted way to many parts. It was a great day.

Now, I have to get items listed on eBay, finnish testing parts, load more computers. I have three or four trips to the recycler, and five lawn bags full of garbage.

The Computers for Kids program provides computers to families that are unable to purchase a computer for their child(ren). It is our hope that these computers will help students with their school work.

Thanks to everyone that helped out.

3 Comments:

  • Very cool project, Dean. Thanks for sharing your weekend with us!

    By Blogger Cathy, at 7:58 PM  

  • Who came over?

    By Blogger JTW, at 1:29 PM  

  • People from Church. Computers for Kids is a program I started with the help of my church. I dont think you would know any of them Justin.

    By Blogger Dean, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home