My life and times

Monday, August 14, 2006

This is the life

I think I have just found the best use of technology yet. Right now as I type this, Anika is in her crib sleeping, Andrew is playing in the sand box, and I am sitting in a comfortable chair in the back yard with Shereen's new laptop. I just got done catching up on my emails and thought I would post another blog entry. So this doesn't sound all that exciting, but here is the cool part. First, I have a wireless access point in the den and I can post this live without having to save it and then post it later. The second coo thing, I have set up this computer with Remote Desktop. That means that I can log on to my work computer in my office and run it from the laptop. The cool thing is that with Remote Desktop what I see IS my work computer. All the programs work just like I was sitting at my desk. I have full access to all the files from that computer, all the programs on that computer, and what I save stays on that computer. WAY COOL.

The other cool program I found is Picasa from Google. (http://picasa.google.com) Its a FREE digital photo program. It organizes photos and does some simple editing. But what I really like is that I can pick a photo and Blog about it here. Because Google owns both Picasa and Blogger, they work together. The last post I did was my test of this feature. You will be seeing a lot more photo blogging in the future.

Andrew is about to drop grass on the laptop....gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home